Blog Watch Wednesday!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Supercool, awesome online posts/sites found this last week:


Comic-Con was this weekend, and there was an awesome Game of Thrones panel with George R. R. Martin, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Kit Harrington (Jon Snow), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Jason Momoa (Drogo), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), and showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss. (Whoa, the Starks are waaay underrepresented here!)

Pat's Fantasy Hotlist has the entire 40 minute panel right here I have NOT watched all the video so I cannot say if there are any A Dance with Dragons spoilers. But Jason Momoa does thank fantasy for "allowing him to rape beautiful women"... so there is that. In his defense, I think he was making a joke (though poor in taste) and seems like a lovely man otherwise.

Speaking of which: Game of Thrones name generators. For the ladies and the gents

My highborn lady name was Alerie Crakehall; lowborn name was Alerie Hill. I will protest that it is unfair that that men have four choices (Westerosi Knight, Westerosi Bastard, Targaryen King, and Dothraki Warrior) while the women only get 'Noble lady' and 'not so noble'. So, if I was a Knight: Cressen Harlaw. A bastard: Cressen Hill. Targaryen King: Jaehaerys I Targaryen. Dothraki warrior: Jhogo son of Cohollo.

Aaaaand Game of Throne LEGO characters. Sandor and Gregor are my favorites.

There's an interesting discussion at the Gripped into Books blog over just how long is long enough before you give up on a book. I personally, have very rarely given up on a novel. Even if I despise the characters, the plot, etc. I simply hate not knowing what happens at the end more.

Another great blog (and blogger) Ewa over at Palace of Distractions has her ownentertaining and link-tastic Daily Distractables. Highly fun and amusing!

Awesome blogger Libby has two fabulous posts I'd like to highlight today. One is a collection of her favorite awesome Funny or Die videos. Why not, laugh it up, it's hump day! The other is a post about her first self-published collection of her flash fiction. It's called Twist Turn and Burn and read her post for details on the stories and details on where to get it FREE!

The blog The Book Base does different interviews with authors of different blogs everyday. This week, they were kind enough to ask me. Here's the interview, if you'd like to read my answers.

I really really want to read Laini Taylor's new novel Daughter of Smoke and Bone. Bookhounds posted the new awesome book trailer and it's only made me want to read it more.

In case you haven't heard, chain bookseller Borders has gone under. Their entire labor force (more than 10,000 people across 400 stores) is out of work, but you can help them.

Are you reading YA? YA should be. (Claim for horrible pun all mine; actual title resists temptation)

Do you read steampunk? The Pen Muse has 10 Reasons Why You Should Drop Everything Right Now and Read Steampunk. I fully agree. Unless you're holding a baby, or a priceless Ming vase. Set them down and then read steampunk.

I love Dexter. I love this new promo out for Dexter. FYI: Dexter/Supernatural/Parks and Rec/Game of Thrones/Spartacus are my tv loves. I shall try not to inundate you with links about them...but it is hard. 

Daaaamn. Friends characters got arouuuund. Long but amusing if you liked the still-ubiquitous 90s show.

1 comment:

  1. Going to check out some links! Thanks for the shout out about Twist!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.