Woohoo!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Look what my boyfriend bought for me today:


I took the picture with instagram because I'm a nerd and I just got my iPhone. It shows the reflective colors that you can't see without having the actual book! Let me just say he earned some major points today. But here is the "regular" cover:


The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night. 

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands. 

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.
Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.


p.s. if you have an iPhone, but don't yet have Instagram - get it. You'll have way to much fun with it. It's incredibly fun! And I'll "follow" you!

I originally planned to review The Maid by Kimberly Cutter today, but I'm so stoked about Le Cirque des Rêves that I'll post that review tomorrow and this will be a simple added this week post. But I am so so excited to start this  - I'm about to rush through a book in order to get to this asap!

I also received:






and Lisa Mantchev's So Silver Bright is out today along with The Night Circus, and that will probably be my next purchase. Here's the gorgeous cover:


I got an email from amazon stating that my long-anticipated Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor would be shipping out early! Instead of shipping the 27th of this month, I should expect it by the 19th!


Though I found the UK cover, and I must say I think I like it more!


So expect reviews for all five of those mentioned as well as the first two in Anthony Francis Skindancer series: Frost Moon and Blood Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.