Blog Watch Wednesday

Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Gail Carriger has plans for (another) Parasol Protectorate series - this time abroad (!) and with a new protagonist. This is in addition to the Finishing School series already begun by the author. She's also got a manga adaptation of the original Parasol series under just Soulless. Four YA novels and a 2 book deal for Parasols abroad from this great author? I'm a happy Jessie.


With the Lion King raking in an estimated $80 million so far in its re-release (pushing it into the top twenty U.S. grosses ever) Disney has decided to 3Dify four more of its beloved animated movies. I cannot WAIT for Finding Nemo, Monsters, Inc. and Beauty and the Beast. I'll be seeing these: they've finally figured out how to get me to pay $20 for a 3D movie. Childhood nostalgia will get you every time.

Bad news, book lovers! The popular site Goodreads is ending their BookSwap function! Use your credits if you've got them before October 31st.

In case you haven't heard, accused murderer Amanda Knox has been freed and sent back to the United States. Lifetime is already re-editing their made-for-tv movie from last year on the girl.

Amazing, gorgeous color shots of New York City from the 1940s. Really worth looking at, especially if you're a history nut like me.

Want to see "The Most Iconic Dresses of the 20th Century"? Well, now you can say you have.

The labyrinth underneath Rome's famous Coliseum has been "decoded" by a German historian.

Need something to lighten your mood today? How about iconic pictures... recreated in Legos.

I love Parks & Recreation. Big ups to Leslie Knope Amy Poehler for her hilarious performances and one-liners, but my true favorite is Ron Swanson. And, wonderful place that it is, the internet has the top ten Ron Swanson GIFs. #10 is my favorite. You're welcome.

Oh, speaking of the internet, if you've been on it in the last 72 hours you might have heard that ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS FILMING 10 NEW EPISODES BEFORE THE MOVIE RELEASES! Whoa, caps lock of doom and rage- but totally warranted. FAMILY LOVE MICHAEL!

Do you get bored working out? Running? I know I do - I hate running especially. But turn it into a life-or-death situation against zombies? I'm sold. One company has created an app for Droid and the iPhone that turns your morning run into a dash for life and limb. The more you run, the deeper into "enemy" territory you go.

Fantasy writer Michael Sullivan (of Riyria Revelations fame) has released a free ebook novella called The Viscount and the Witch, set in the same story/world as his full-length novels. I really enjoyed the first three of this series and can't wait to dive into this one.

I read and loved Laini Taylor's Daugher of Smoke and Bone (click the link below to read it!) but don't take my word for it. How about the word of a brilliant, smart, discerning Ewa? Her opinions are here, on her marvelous blog

Weekly roundup of Cracked.com articles that cracked me up:

The lovely ladies behind the blog The Inn at the Crossroads - dedicated to the food and fare of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire - have won the game of food! They're going to be publishing a cookbook with Random House! I might even buy this - my first cookbook!


Reviews I've Posted:

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (5/5 stars, fantasy/paranormal/supernatural)

The Demon Lover by Juliet Dark (3/5 stars, paranormal/supernatural romance)

The Fairy Godmother and One Good Knight both by Mercedes Lackey (3 and 3.5/5 respectively. fairytale-retellings, fantasy, supernatural)

Widdershins by Charles de Lint (4/5, supernatural fiction)


That's it for this week's Watch. I'm headed to Missouri for a family wedding tomorrow morning, so scheduled posts/reviews should pop up but I personally will be gone until Tuesday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.