Three Weeks of Book Hauls!

Monday, December 16, 2013
It's been a while since I've had one of these, so like Christina's, this one is going to be big and somewhat obscene. But in a bookish and awesome kind of way. Totally.


 Bought:

Eric by Terry Pratchett - Discworld #9. I've wanted this for a while but it's so SHORT (148 pages) that I wouldn't pay the $7.99 it's always listed at. ANYWAY thanks to Black Friday 30%, it is finally mine.

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games #2. I already own the entire series on Nook, but the paperbacks for Mockingjay are out in a few months so I bought the pb for CF.

Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund - Killer Unicorns #2. Black Friday buy #2 -- only $5 for the hardcover!

Gifted:

The Outside by Laura Bickle - The Hallowed Ones #2. So this showed up and I assumed it was a late birthday gift. Nope, for some reason Amazon shipped the lovely Lyn's book to me and she let me keep it because she is too nice.

Sent: 

Mrs. Lincoln's Rival by Jennifer Chiaverini -- thanks, Dutton! I just read the author's other historical fiction novel about the Lincolns so this should be easy to get into!



Bought While Christmas Shopping Because:
a. I can't resist a deal
b. I have zero self control

Four of these were bought because they were marked down to $2 and 3/4 were hardcover. 

The Boy Book by E. Lockhart is in great condition and I have heard amazing things.
I am the last person not to read The Help so a mint $2 copy was irresistible.
Well Wished by Franny Billingsley I got because Chime is one of the best books I've ever read. How could I not want to read her debut?
Banner of the Damned by Sherwood Smith is freaking huge and sounded terrific.

Furies of Calderon/Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher (#1 and #2 in the Codex Alera)
The Twitter Queen of all Things Geek (Ewa) told me this was fantastic. It looks like an interesting idea/world and I like Butcher's other novels.

Fortune's Pawn by Rachel Bach. I bought this because Christina at Reader of Fictions loved it and that speaks highly. Also, it kinda sounds like Ann Aguirre's Sirantha Jax series and that would be THE BEST THING EVER.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick slipped by me last year so I grabbed the paperback! I started this one last night and I already have major feels about it.

Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes. I read Falling Kingdoms last year and it was alright. I wouldn't've picked this up if I didn't get it for less than $10.







I know Daria is not a book, but IT'S THE COMPLETE SERIES. This is just... beyond.

From Historical Fiction Virtual Book Tours:

Becoming Josephine by Heather Webb - I love historical fiction and I love Napoleon.

From TLC Book Tours:

Last Train to Paris by Michele Zackheim. I don't know too much about this one, but Paris in WWII and I am so there.

Bought: 

Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler. My third and final Black Friday buy. I had just been waitinig for it to come out in paperback since I'd read and loved it as an ARC.

Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan. I ignored this for a while so my hopes and expectations could shrink. I really loved the first...and I am still pissed about the series cover change.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. FINALLY IT IS HERE I WANT TO READ IT THIS SECOND. Needless to say, I better love this freaking book.

eBooks:





Scorch and Rogue by Gina Damico



The Thief and The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner




The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
(everyone is talking about it and it was only $1.99!)



The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
(because Christina loved it!)



House of Sand and Secrets by Cat Hellisen
(It was an ebook deal and I loveeeeed When the Sea is Rising Red.)



Shadows of Asphodel by Karen Kincy
(I don't know much about it but a friend thought I would like it and it was cheap on Kindle!)

So. Yeah. That is a lot of books, but it was spread out over a period of time. Any new books on your shelves that you are particularly enthused for?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE MWT's books as well as These Broken Stars, so I can't wait to see what you make of them. Also, Bittersweet, The Outside, and Untold are rather perfect too. Enjoy!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. You pick the most interesting books, I've only heard of a few of these! I totally approve of $2 books for yourself, that's just good business sense.

    *grabby hands for TBS*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read anything by Diana Peterfreund (and I haven't even heard of that series-but it sounds great!)
    I'm not much for fantasy but Banner of the Damned does sound fantastic. I have a copy of Fortune's Pawn on the way because of Christina and Wendy's reviews too. I hope to love it to peices.
    DARIA. YES.
    Scorch and Rogue were fantastic, I just read those back to back and it's a fantastic series. Can't go wrong with Megan Whalen Turner and oh my gosh I must get my hands on House of Sand and Secrets. HAPPY READING!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.