Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So

Tuesday, November 17, 2015
I am a great lover of quotes. I highlight, dog-ear, and even take pictures of page numbers in order to more effectively find every bad ass, snarky line uttered by fantasy characters. While I've saved a few inspiring lines from contemporaries, sarcasm is my first language and my first love. In case you couldn't tell by how many time Ms. Maas appears on this list. Quotes link back to their GR page whenever possible, in case you want to save along.

10. “I have spent my spare time studying literature popular with young women of this planet. One should always study the battlefield."
Sean glanced at him. "And?"
"I suggest you give up now. According to my research, in a vampire-werewolf love triangle, the vampire always gets the girl.”
Ilona Andrews, Clean Sweep

9. “His eyes are somewhere between gray and blue, and his hair is somewhere between brown and blond, and I am somewhere between hostile and attracted.” ― Emery Lord, Open Road Summer

8.“Witches didn't need blood to survive, but humans didn't need wine, either.” ― Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire / “There were few sounds she enjoyed more than the groans of dying men, but the wind was one of them.”
Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire


7. “It was all going so nicely, right up until the massacre.”
Alex Marshall, A Crown for Cold Silver

6. “You look . . . better than before."Was that a compliment? I could have sworn Lucien gave Tamlin an encouraging nod.
"And you hair is . . . clean.”
Sarah J. Maas, A Court of Thorns and Roses

5. “If anyone saw Monique, a well-dressed woman of quality, dangling from the doorway, they apparently assumed everyone had difficulties in life and moved on.” ― Gail Carriger, Waistcoats & Weaponry
4. “The bodies in my floor all trusted someone. Now I walk on them to tea.” ― Victoria Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

3. “She was Aelin Ashryver Galathynius—­and she would not be afraid.” ― Sarah J. Maas, Heir of Fire

2. “The world has gone insane, and you can't get a decent pint of lager anywhere in this bloody country. I think I can safely say that my schoolmates were correct when they predicted my eventual destination, and I am now in hell.” ― Mira Grant, Deadline

1. “Jesper knocking his head against the hull and cast his eyes heavenward. "Fine. But if Pekka Rollins kills us all, I'm going to get Wylan's ghost to teach my ghost how to play the flute just so that I can annoy the hell out of your ghost."
Brekker's lips quirked. "I'll just hire Matthias' ghost to kick your ghost's ass."

"My ghost won't associate with your ghost," Matthias said primly, and then wondered if the sea air was rotting his brain.”
Leigh Bardugo, Six of Crows


And my least favorite quote, because I never weary of punishing you all for making me read it:

"I prefer to fill my own gut before I plug a squirming wench's belly with my manroot."
Fabio, Pirate

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just adore these quotes and yes I can see you are good at noting them :( sadly I only started making a note of them a few books back, sigh. Well guess I have to re-read :) The banter on Six of Crows might be one of my favs such humor! My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.