The Get to Know Me Uncomfortably Well Tag

Thursday, August 25, 2016



Ellis tagged us in this "get to know me" tag back in May and we are disasters who forgot to do it. No more! We actually used to do these kind of surveys all the time when we met back on wotmania, so this is nostalgic goodness mixed with the terror of TMIing in front of all your friends. Awesome.

1. WHAT IS YOUR MIDDLE NAME?

J- Leigh! I actually like this name better than my given name.
D - Like every other woman I meet who was born in the 80s, it's Marie.

4. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?

J - I am a Scorpio both by birth month and by nature
D - Gemini, the most maligned of signs. (Shout out to my twin, Ellis)

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR?

J - I love all shades of blue, but deep blues are my favorites.
D - I'm really into bright colors: chartreuse, tangerine, teal, etc. And I love pink and red.

12. WHAT WAS YOUR LAST DREAM ABOUT?

J - uuugh, I had a dream about not calling in sick to work, forgetting to show up, and then being fired. I woke up very frustrated - both for being dream-fired and also for just dreaming about work on my days off! Rude, subconscious, rude.
D - I really can't remember. I woke up stressed out, but the why escapes me.

14. ARE YOU PSYCHIC IN ANY WAY?

J - nope! Not even a little bit (also I don't believe in psychics, so....)
D - I also don't believe in psychics, but I did make extra cash in high school reading tarot cards, so take that how you wish.

15. FAVOURITE SONG?

J - I have a lot, but the top ten is mostly made up of Florence and the Machine and Adele.
Florence: Rabbit Heart, Queen of Peace, Breath of Life, Howl, Third Eye
Adele: Rolling in the Deep, Send My Love (To Your New Lover), Someone Like You, Chasing Pavement, Water Under the Bridge
D - Oh god. Wait for It from Hamilton, Mary Lambert's cover of Jessie's Girl, Yeah Yeah Yeah's Heads Will Roll, X-Ray Spex's Oh Bondage, Up Yours. Oh! And Kacey Musgrave's Cup of Tea! I call my taste "eclectic" to feel better about myself.

17. WHO WOULD BE YOUR IDEAL PARTNER?

J - partner for what? Crime? Dani. 
D - ðŸ˜˜

22. HAVE YOU EVER GOT IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW?

J - oh I am a wanted criminal! Ha, nah, just a few warnings for being "drunk in public" in the downtown areas of my hometown in my early 20s. In my defense, that's where the bars were and I had to walk to the DD's car from the bars!
D - Nope. I'm a total bore - I've never even spoken to a cop outside of a traffic accident when I was 16. (Passenger. I wasn't even driving!)

23. HAVE YOU EVER MET ANY CELEBRITIES?

J - hmmmm, outside of authors, nope! But I have met Laini Taylor, had drinks with Leigh Bardugo and Marissa Meyer, and chatted with Jay Kristoff!
D - I've met a few bigger name wrestlers - Asuka, Emma, Paige from WWE. Little Richard stole my coffee at an airport once. Weirdly, not a lot of celebrity run ins in Ohio.

35. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ARCHERY?

J - YEP. My whole family besides myself and my mother are all competitive archers. I've been able to string a bow since I was 10. 
D - ...and I fired a bow once at summer camp.

37. FAVOURITE SWEAR WORD?

J - "fuck"! It has so many uses and so many applications. I am also a frequent user of "bullshit."
D - Also fuck. I have a fucking potty mouth.

39. DO YOU HAVE ANY SCARS?

J - more than I can count. I have arrow scars, knife scars, fall-down-because-I-have-no-balance scars, karate scars, sunburn scars.... there are a lot.
D - Lots of little ones from cats. A pretty big one on my left bicep from gouging myself on a nail. One on my right knee from falling off my tricycle and then ripping the scab off on another nail. Why does my house have so many loose nails?

41. ARE YOU A GOOD LIAR?

J - I can be? My parents aren't the best at detecting my bullshit but my sister, best friends, and husband can easily. 
D - Not really. I'm too anxious for real lies. I do embellish stories too much because I don't think I'm interesting.

43. CAN YOU DO ANY ACCENTS OTHER THAN YOUR OWN?

J - I am infamous among my family for my random penchant to start using accents. British, Irish, Australian are the ones I am good at. 
D - I slip into Southern really easily if I'm around people from the south. I spent a lot of summers in Logan county West Virginia.

52. FAVOURITE FOOD?

J - I'm never more Irish than when I get to have potatoes. Mashed potatoes are probably my favorite food, but I also am always down for baked potatoes, fries, etc. 
D - This is why we're best friends. I am Samwise Gamgee. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

55. MOST USED PHRASE?

J - hmmm.... maybe "fuck that" or "fucking no!"
D - "[blank] is everything" I'm basic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

59. DO YOU SUCK OR BITE LOLLIPOPS?

J - I am not a huge fan of lollipops but because I am 2[redacted]-going-on 84, I love butterscotch candies. And those? I bite even tho I try NOT TO.
D - Lick and suck. Never use teeth.

60. DO YOU TALK TO YOURSELF?

J - as I write these answers, even.
D - Yep. And I narrate. "As Danielle typed in her answers, she wondered, will anyone read this?"

64. ARE YOU A GOSSIP?

J - I love to sip tea. I am not a malicious gossip, but I also think "gossip" is pretty much just social news and have no shame in that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D - The. Worst. I'm sorry. Do not tell me anything you don't want my husband, my girlfriend, Jessie, and my co-workers to know.
72. ARE YOU SCARED OF THE DARK?

J - I was a kid mostly because I was always expecting aliens to land. Not so much now, especially since I live in a goddamn desert. Dark = cool.
D - Yep. I'm 29 and I have a nightlight. It projects stars on my ceiling.

74. ARE YOU TICKLISH?

J - unfortunately so. 
D - So ticklish you don't even have to touch me.

79. WHO WAS YOUR FIRST REAL CRUSH?

J - celebrity, I'm assuming? Since I doubt any of you knew Chris M. from norther Arizona in 19[redacted]. So.. that would be Garth Brooks. I had a burning passion for the man from age 8 to... welll... late teens?
D - David Bowie in Labyrinth, Han Solo, and Sailor Mars.

80. HOW MANY PIERCINGS DO YOU HAVE?

J - just 2 ear piercings. I've always wanted more but my skin is super sensitive and I am allergic to most metal jewelry :(
D - Four. Ears, right nostril, and tongue.

83. HOW FAST CAN YOU RUN?

J - I'm no Usain Bolt, I'll tell you that. 
D - No.

87. DO YOU KEEP A JOURNAL?

J - kinda? I have a journalish book called "My Dysfunctions" that I use to channel my anxieties and issues into when they crop up in daily life.

D - Nope. I am the worst chronicler of all time. I can't even do 30 day challenges or take my meds daily, let alone write down that I forgot to take my meds.

89. DO YOU LIKE YOUR AGE?

J - I like it better than the the ones that are going to come next.
D - I can't think of another I'd prefer. God forbid I have to go back to being 19 or even 24.

90. WHAT MAKES YOU ANGRY?

J - willful ignorance is a big one. Cruelty to animals is probably the one that gets me most.
D - Being taken advantage of/not being appreciated. Republicans. Inexplicable anxiety.

91. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN NAME?

J - ehhh, it's alright. My mom and sister also have J- names so I like the alliteration, if not my own personal version. Also, it is just Jessie NOT Jessica. 
D - Yeah, Danielle is a good name. I like the diminutive. I like how it sounds with my sister, Michelle. And I find it very me.

97. WERE YOUR ANCESTORS ROYALTY?

J - nope! My ancestors were regular people from Ireland, England, France, and Germany. 
D - My uncle got really into tracing our lineage to Scottish clans and found a coat of arms that's super obscure and hard to verify, so I have to doubt it.

99. WHAT IS THE COLOUR OF YOUR BEDSPREAD?

J - blue and grey! 
D - White and kind of salmon-y.

So there we go, loves! You know know way too much about us. If you want to participate, you can choose to either answer the same questions we did or pick minimum 15 from the full list.

&

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.