Top Ten 2016 Book Covers

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

  Top Ten Tuesday is all thanks to Broke and the Bookish! This lovely header is thanks to APR's own Dani.


I am going off topic from the TTT because I wanted to be superficial. I went through and counted down all my favorite books --- but even bad books can have a gorgeous cover. So, here are my favorite covers of 2016 ---- but that does not mean I endorse all of these as good or even readable books!



1. Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
2. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers (Long Way #1)*
3. Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
4. Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan
5. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (Firebird #1)*




6. Saint's Blood by Sebastien de Castell (Greatcoats #3)
7. Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
8. A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsay Smith
9. Masks & Shadows by Stephanie Burgis
10. The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Boys #4)





Runners-up:
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Six of Crows #2), Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (Nevernight #1), Dark Tide by Jennifer Donnelly (Waterfire Saga #3), Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas, and Learning to Swear in America by Katie Kennedy.




*I limited series/companions to my favorites of that series/world. Otherwise, all three of Claudia Gray's Firebird books would be on here, as would be Long Way's companion, A Closed and Common Orbit.











5 comments:

  1. A Thousand Pieces of You IS gorgeous but I adore that cover of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet. Mine has a different, uglier cover. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have the uglier Small, Angry Planet cover. I bought it LITERALLY the day before Jess showed me this one ;_;

      Delete
    2. I couldn't believe how bad the US covers are! I used The Book Depo for Long Way and I will for Closed & Common and I am v happy I did.

      Delete
  2. I love this cover of The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet! I have the US version on Kindle and really, they could have done so much better. I'm planning to eventually get the UK ones.

    I think I like the UK cover of Hold Back the Stars more because green.

    Never getting over the covers of The Raven King, Crooked Kingdom and Nevernight, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also realllly like the UK cover for Hold Back the Stars... but blue us my favorite color so this had a sliiiight edge, lol.

      RIGHT? SO PRETTY. I have them all facing-out on my shelves :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.