Top Ten Books To Reread in 2017

Tuesday, March 7, 2017
 
Top Ten Tuesday is all thanks to The Broke and the Bookish! This lovely header is thanks to APR's own Dani.


This week I decided to focus on rereads. Since I am doing well at keeping ahead of my ARCs, I have had a lot more "me" reads in 2017. Before blogging I used to reread all the time, and while I still reread a couple books a month, I always have a growing list of favorites I intend to revisit.



1. Daughter of Smoke and Bone series by Laini Taylor (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Days of Blood and Starlight, Dreams of Gods and Monsters)
I'm already on track with this one! I've read the first two books and have the third lined up to read here soon. It's been years but these books hold up.





2. The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson #8 - #14 (The Path of Daggers, Winter's Heart, Crossroads of Twilight, Knife of Dreams, The Gathering Storm, Towers of Midnight, A Memory of Light)
I actually made it through #1- #7 in.... 2015, lol. So now I just need to get back in the series and keep going. Some of these aren't great, but the ending is so good I can power through!






3. Dune by Frank Herbert
My husband bought me a gorgeous special edition for my birthday that is begging to be read. This is one of my favorite science fiction series -- it went on to influence a lot of sf and fantasy (the Fremen = the Aiel) but it really does stand in a class all its own.





4. Sirantha Jax series by Ann Aguirre (Grimspace, Wanderlust, Doubleblind, Killbox, Aftermath, Endgame)
This is the best female-lead science fiction series. The best. Jax is a great heroine; full of flaws, intelligence, agency, willingness to fuck shit ALL THE WAY UP and more. Plus there is some truly gorgeous writing.




5. Godspeaker trilogy by Karen Miller (Empress, The Riven Kingdom, Hammer of God)
An old favorite that I have not reread in at least 5 years! I remember a lot of awesome -- unforgiving and antiheroine for a female MC, non-European based fantasy, and more. I had a lot of feelings about Zandakar, so I am especially looking forward to seeing how these have aged.





6. The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
I have convinced myself that The Doors of Stone will published soon so I need to get my brain back in Kvothe's story. Plus these books are soo good they deserve attention after so long away.





7. Illium and Olympos by Dan Simmons
So... this is a scifi retelling of the Illiad set on Mars. There's more to it, but that's the basis set up and yes, it is as awesome as it sounds. 




8. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan
This book is honestly suuuuuch fun! Great characters and a strong romance -- I need happiness and humor when things get me down.




9. The Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne by Brian Staveley (The Emperor's Blades, The Providence of Fire, The Last Mortal Bond)
There's a spinoff coming! Plus: culture inspired by Tang-era China, strong women of all kinds and types, and also ninjas carrying out stealth missions using GIANT HAWKS. 




10. The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson - The Way of Kings #1 and #2
OATHBRINGER IS COMING.


So..uh you may have noticed that ... this wasn't exactly ten books. But I regret nothing and you should all read these, too.















12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these, but I've had The Royal We on my TBR list for a long time now. I will have to remember that one for a day when I need some humor and fun romance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely do. It's a great adult contemp with feeeels.

      Delete
  2. I just read THE ROYAL WE for the first time; it was super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when people enjoy the Fug Girls! Have you tried their YA, Spoiled? V v amusing.

      Delete
  3. It would take me three years to reread all of these. How the hell are you going to do three big fantasy series????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four, sorry. Somehow missed Rothfus. Are you insane????????????????????????

      Delete
    2. Also yes, probably. I mean I HAVE been trying to get through WoT for 2 years so who knows.

      Delete
  4. The Kingkiller Chronicles and The Wheel of Time still remain unread for me but I'm hopeful that I may conquer them someday. lol You know I never actually finished the Sirantha Jax series.... terrible, I know. The Royal We sounds like a ton of fun I think that needs to go on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noth of those are good but def try Rothfuss first. Jordan... can be an acquired taste, lol. AND YOU MUST FINISH. IT'S SO GOOD. MAAAARCH.

      Delete
  5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone... I need to actually plain old READ that ;) Hahaha but I own the first book now so yay! *Glosses over The Royal We..... hides from Jessie* I will never cease to be impressed by A) your reading speed b) your commitment to rereads and c) your commitment to long series! I always say I want to reread certain series again and I rarely make it happen. I think it's awesome that you reread multiple long series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DoSaB will make your shipper heart happy, I know it! Ahahaha I love that I don't even have to shame you anymore over TRW -- you do it for me lol :)
      Aww thank you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2015 Ageless Pages Reviews. All Rights Reserved.

Amelia Theme by The Lovely Design CO and These Paper Hearts.